- Find a large box and cut to look like a boat. Large enough for 2 or more children to be in. Cut out a door to open and close for easy access to the boat.
- Provide fishing hats, life jackets, toy sea creatures and fishing rods. (Magnetic ones work the best).
- Students put on a life jacket and/or hat and fish from the boat.
- Provide paint, markers or stickers for students to decorate the boat either during or before play.
- Create a mural of different sea creatures near the boat. Students can colour the mural.
- Hang a large net near the boat and hang different sea creature toys from it.
- The names of the different animals or object in the play area to build on vocabulary
- Focus on concepts (ex. Open and close, big and small, in and out)
- Emphasize the sounds of the month or the individual student sounds
- Turn taking if the boat is full